Friday, October 26, 2007

Party Animals

Jim looking at me incredulously...

Jim and I are so completely different that it is almost staggering. Based on that, how can we find so much in common too? I can't figure it out. Here is an example. I love parties. I like to socialize and have parties and go to parties (well, if they are with people I know). Jim, however, dreads them with such vehemance, you'd think having a party at our house would be equivalent to having Satan rise up out of the living room floor. Therefore, we have about one party every two years at our home. Here is a conversation that we had the other day about an upcoming party we have been invited to attend:

me: Remember, we have the party next Friday night. Don't forget.

him: What party?

me: The Segullah couple holiday party.

him: You never told me about that.

me: About a hundred times. Its on your calendar.

him: You wrote it there.

me: I did. While you and I discussed it and you were standing there.

him: I don't want to go.

me: You have to go.

him: I'd rather have red ants put all over my chest.

me: I went to all your stupid anesthesia work parties and never complained.

him: What parties?

me: Let's see. Every Christmas for the past nine years.

him: I don't remember them. Can I bring a book?

me: NO! You cannot bring a book.

him: I have nothing in common with any of them.

me: How do you know? You've never met any of them. Well, except for Sharlee and Jim at Kneaders.

him: How long does it last?

me: 7 to 11.

him: FOUR HOURS!!! What are we going to do for four hours?

me: play games.

him: I can't think of anything more painful than going to a party and playing games. A woman must of thought of this. Men wouldn't play games for four hours.

me: Oh, really? What would they do?

him: I don't know. Not have a party in the first place.

me: Oh, and you have to look HOT!!!!!!!!!! I want you to look really HOT! I want to show you off. You have to look HOT!

him: Okay. I'll wear a turtleneck, a fleece jacket, and a parka.

1 comment:

Bradden, Sunny, Hyrum, and Olivia Cannon said...

I can see the two to you having this conversation! It put a smile on my face, because it was so like the two of you! Hope all is well.