I really don't think much about Christmas. I know that sounds odd, but I hope to explain. I really love Christmas and I try to make it magical for my children, but I don't think about it. I try to have the shopping done by November 30th (yeah, only 2 more things to get by tomorrow), I get the tree decorated, and I bake goodies all month, but I don't put much thought into any of it. Why? Because I keep thinking, when Christmas arrives, its one more month until my birthday and I'm going to get myself my yearly outfit. Every year I go out and buy myself something new to wear. This ensures that I will have at least one new thing to wear for the year. "When did this tradition start?" I ask myself. This year I will be turning 42. Holy Hannah, where did the time go? Look at me...that was literally just yesterday.
See? I'm still calling my sister.
Then, after seeing this picture, I realize where I got the idea for getting a new outfit every year.
Here I am probably two years later for my annual birthday picture and I am wearing the same outfit. Do you think my Mom thought that she should get me a new outfit? Did I never grow? I must have been mortified. I can see it in my eyes.
Anyone know how to photoshop a 42-year old face onto a turquoise outfit with a pilgrim collar?


3 comments:
Maybe she loved it so much, she bought a bigger size for the next year. Steve could totally do some photoshop magic. He has done some good ones. :)
Sweet photos!
This is the cutest ever.
Post a Comment