Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Birthday Bash

Today is my birthday.  This is what I got for gifts:
1)  The same repeated rash on my daughter this morning.  (just what I asked for).
2)  A romantic lunch with D'Artagnan. One large drop of tomato sauce on my white shirt.
3)  A pulled muscle in my arm from lifting a heavy snowblower down from a truck.
4)  A five-year old boy with big blue eyes asking me on a date.
5)  Tons of facebook shout-outs!  Thank you!
6)  my earring landing in the toilet.
7)  five funny birthday cards with my breakfast.
8)  phone calls from family.
9)  a kiss on the cheek from a ten-year old boy who is taller than I am.
10) a trip to the DMV for the second time. This time I got lucky enough for them to take a photo of me with my face blown up like a birthday balloon.  Perfect.
11) the joy of wondering what is on the agenda for the evening...after school pick-ups, piano lessons, Irish dance lessons, and Cub Scout Pack Meeting and Boy Scouts...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Hope you had a FANTASTIC day!

Cyndi said...

Happy Birthday Melonie! Looks like you had some really good things happen today. I am so glad you get to celebrate your birthday with the best people in your life. Enjoy your day/week/month/year and keep the great stories and insights coming. I love to read your blog!

Angie said...

Sounds like a fun filled birthday!!