![]() |
| remains on my daughter's school desk I was pulled over to the side of the road calling the radio number over and over again so I could win a Beatles LOVE CD, when the call stopped being busy and rang. I was sure I was going to win because I won Bon Jovi concert tickets last week. My luck had to hold. |
"No, honey, I got a winner a long time ago. But I am asking callers what their best or worst Valentine Day was."
I sat in silence. I couldn't think of one thing!
"Don't you have a best Valentine's story that you'd like to share?"
"Ummm. I can't think of anything." (I knew there must be something!)
"Anything?"
"Why don't you give me the Beatles LOVE CD and we'll say it was the best Valentine's I ever had?" I said.
"Sorry, honey," she said with pity and hung up.
I sat there thinking about my life and I realized that I couldn't remember anything great that had ever happened to me on Valentine's Day. I knew there was some story in my past somewhere, but I couldn't bring it to the front of my memory. To make myself feel better about my Valentine's Day Radio fiasco, I went to Walmart and got myself these:
Hey, their pink and kind of in the shape of a heart. All my right shoulder straps fall down because of Quasimodo tendencies due to carrying heavy backpacks over one shoulder in my attempt to look cool in high school...oh, I'm digressing.
All day I was running around getting presents and attending Valentine Day school parties and groceries and cake and ice cream and presents...WHAT? CAKE AND ICE CREAM?
PRESENTS?
Yep, My son was born on Valentine's Day eleven years ago. It took me approximately five hours to remember what I should have told that stupid Disc Jockey one second after she asked me. It was the most worst (most painful) and best (most beautiful) Valentine's Day I had ever had.
Happy LOVE DAY to all of you!!!!!!!!!


3 comments:
Ha Ha! You won tickets to Bon Jovi? Sweet! You had a busy day with Valentine's and birthday. Valentine's is crazy just on it's own!
What?! Did you see that that thing makes you go up a bra size?! Ha ha ha! How much was it....??
Ah ha ha. I sometimes forget the things I should readily remember too! I hope your little one had a happy bday!
Post a Comment