Wednesday, May 04, 2011

FINDING the TARGET



The last entry wasn't so happy and I apologize.  I've been contemplating and meditating a lot the last month and what I have succeeded in doing is wrapping myself up so tight in trying to figure out what God wants that I have been blinded by my own worries.  "What if He is mad at me for ....?"  "What if I'm not hearing Him because of ....?"  "Why is He talking to my husband and not to me?"  "What does He want me to do?"  etc., etc., fill in blanks as you would like.  My good friend gently reminded me yesterday that I have "missed the mark."  Okay, maybe not so gently, but that is her blessed, honest personality.  Being the archery enthusiast that I am, this made total sense.  In trying so hard to see the overall huge target, I've missed the bullseye.  The bullseye is Christ.  

I need to fill up again.  In Psalms 69:30-32, it says, "I will praise the name of God with a song, and will magnify him with thanksgiving.
This also shall please the LORD better than an ox or bullock that hath horns and hoofs.
The humble shall see this, and be glad: and your heart shall live that seek God."

So, for the next 70 entries, this blog shall be my song. Seventy times seven. I will find him in the small miracles, lovely memories, tender mercies and infinitisimal wonders that are around me and thank him mightily.  Perhaps then, this emptiness that carves my chest shall fill and sing again.


Gift from God NUMBER ONE
Looking down in wonder at my grandmother's 85-year old hand and my hand, side-by-side as we compared.  Same size, same color, same skin, same wide fingernails. They were almost exact....hers - young beyond her years, mine - older beyond my years.  Realizing that our hands met in the middle of space, time, generations, love.  We looked at one another and giggled.






1 comment:

Sarah said...

:D LOVE YOU!