Sunday, May 22, 2011

Gift from God Number Eighteen

I waited for Catherine's permission to link to her post on Segullah, but I never heard the okay.  I decided to link it anyway because it just stunned me and I don't think she would mind.  Here is her definition of love.  

"Love is the unusual comfort of saying nothing but feeling at ease. Love is deliberate and kind. Love is being willing to cross the room first. Love is giving each other the freedom to be who God wants you to be. Love is compromising instead of quitting. Love is deciding to let go rather than hurt or be hurt. Love is a gift. Love is a choice."

The words that got to me most where "love is being willing to cross the room first."  I don't know how many times in heated discussions that my husband has crossed to me and wrapped his arms around me.  Too many to count.  Once I feel his warm hands on me, the negative feelings disappear.  I feel loved.  I make the choice to love. One of the greatest gifts God has given me is living with this hairy, miraculous, funny, generous, maddening man.  Thank you, Catherine, for reminding me of the tender moments when he walked across the room first.






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this Melonie. I really needed to learn that today.

Cath said...

Oh Mel! I'm sorry I never got back to you! Of course I don't mind! I love the synergy between you two. (I'll never forget your essay about skin.) Yes, crossing the room is big. It's everything. love you.