Friday, May 06, 2011

Gift from God Number Three

I'm filling the pot with tap water to clean the jasmine rice. It swirls around and around in the silver pot.  I drain it, fill again, swirl, swirl, swirl until the clear water becomes a pale milky white color, like mother's milk. The setting sun comes in through the slates in the blinds and makes my hands turn golden.  I drain the rice again.  I do this over and over until the water remains clear.  I wonder if my life is like the rice in the pot.  God, swirling me around and around, draining me, then filling me back up, only to start the process over again...watching for the moment when I will become clear.

Its only Day Three and I'm noticing more things.  What if I lived all life's moments in wonder and gratitude?  Wouldn't I be completely whole?

2 comments:

Selwyn said...

You're a gift. Great posting idea.

Love you!

Cath said...

This is so beautiful. I love the analogy of being drained and then filled. I'll never rinse my rice the same. Gratitude lifts us. I'm amazed by you Mel. xo