I've written about Deseret Industries before. Its a Mormon Mecca of Mountains of Cast-offs. Its a more expensive Goodwill. Not to brag or anything, but I am the Queen of D.I. shopping. People stand in awe of the shopping wake I leave behind as I go down the aisles filling my cart. I take my children there when they are bored. We also go there to spend my hard-working husband's good money on things like the Napoleon Dynamite voice toy that doesn't work...yes, I bought it yesterday for 50 cents, with high hopes that a simple battery replacement will bring it back to its glory.
I swore to my kids that we would be there for 15 minutes...just to find some new books. We were there for an hour and a half. I think they had fun though.
The D.I., where any girl can find her inner diva...
and any boy can find a reflection of himself...
3 comments:
Hilarious. And that photo of you dancing below?? So beautiful. Looking forward to seeing you this weekend. xo
Oh, DI I think I miss you most of all... We do have some pretty awesome thrifting here now, too, though. Thank goodness. I'd have withdrawls.... where else can you spend ten bucks and get a globe, three new sheets sets, and enough stocking stuffers to take care of an army? (Off merrily to wash new sheets. Actually in package and everything.)
(PS, It's Heather B. I'm incognito, kinda.)
Post a Comment