Sunday, February 19, 2006

Mind of Melonie

On the way home from church today, this was how our conversation went:

Dad: Son #1, I am so proud of you for reading your Book of Mormon. You are doing so well. It is the right thing to do.

Son #1: (From the back of the car) There's just one problem. I don't understand something.

Dad: What is it?

Son #1: I don't understand what LUANS is.

Dad: Spell it.

Son #1: L - O - I - N -S

Dad: Loins. Loins.

Mom goes into uncontrollable giggles, but hides her mouth and slumps down.

Son #1: What does it mean?

Dad: Loins means your children. Your posterity. Where you've come from. You are the fruit of my loins. You come from me. That's why you look like me. That's what loins means.

Son #2: Testicles.

Mom is shaking very hard.

Dad: That's right. Testicles make what?

Son #1: Seeds.

Son #2: But, Dad, what did you do to make Connor? (That's the name of Son #1)

Mom has slumped completely down to the bottom of the chair.

Dad: Well, every living thing on the earth has seeds. Peach seeds make peaches. Tree seeds make trees. Dog seeds make dogs and human seeds make humans. A human seed couldn't make a peach, could it?

Son #1: Nope.
Silence in the car as we all contemplate LOINS.

Dad whispers to Mom : Pretty slick how I got out of that one, huh?

1 comment:

Darlene said...

What a great giggly morning you made for me!