Thursday, November 29, 2007

Pringles and Pumpkins


Someone left a damn Pringles can on the desk tonight. I say damn I can say it and because it is NOT supposed to be there and I am cold and now I have eaten about 30 of them sitting here at this cold desk late at night and because they are salty and flat and sitting there. It is damnable. A damnable situation, if you ask me. Who would do such a thing? Either Satan or the two-year old.

However, I digress. Last night J. and I were invited to a royal ball. It is not every NIGHT that we get to attend such an event. After pleading with the Royal Prince that I needed a lounge chair as my feet have too many splits on them to dance, he relented. I got a pillow and a blanket and the title of Royal Queen Mother written out on a 3X5 card and posted on the chair. The Royal Dad King also received a place of honor. From my throne, I got some pictures of the festivities. Besides the Royal Prince (2nd son), two foreign knights attended who were vying for the princess' favor. They were Knight of the Lion (3rd son) and Knight of the Green Dragon (1st son). The princess wore a pink nightgown emblazoned with a Cinderella motif and a headband with sparkly diamonds. She eventually kicked off her high heels and enjoyed all the attention. You will see by the photos how crazy it got. Frank Sinatra was the invited musician. It was a night to remember. However, the clock eventually struck 7:45 and we all turned back into our raggedy clothes and went to bed, dragging our pumpkin carriages as keepsakes.








No comments: