Thursday, October 02, 2008

How do you find JOY?

Today I bumped a car while trying to pull out of the school parking lot while picking up my kindergartner. Aramis got out of his carseat and jumped on me while I was going around the other car and I guess I ran into it during the time I was yelling at him to sit down and pushing him back and I didn't know I ran into the car until I was driving away and Sugar Princess said, "Ummm, Mom, you hit that car." So, 45 minutes and a nice USAA insurance claim adjuster later (Yeah, USAA!) I drove away to deliver peaches and a sewing machine to my sister, Marilyn Monroe's house, and guess what????? I came out of her house to find a ticket on my windshield. I DON'T HIT CARS! I DON'T GET TICKETS! Who is living my life today???? I wondered. Send her back!!!!!!!!! I was blocking the sidewalk which runs through Marilyn's driveway. Well, the person who is living my life today was blocking the sidewalk. I didn't even know that was a violation, but I guess the person who is living my life today did because she is diabolical and wanted me to have a bad day. Oh, and I got home and the person who is living my life find out she'd lost another 15 percent in the stock market.
Which leads to the question, HOW DO YOU FIND JOY? I decided it was time to reflect (and maybe have a little exorcism at the same time).
I reflected back over my week and will now show you some moments of joy I found. I didn't have to dig too hard.

My stepson, A, and his lovely new wife, A, cutting their cake....AAAAAAAAAAA, love.


Our grandbaby and their daughter, Pumpkin, crying because D'Artagnan was holding her. There is joy in being a bit rolypoly!


Athos and Porthos thinking they are actually cool while dancing at the reception. They make me smile.


Sugar Princess doing her moves on the dance floor. She is joy personified.


When D'Artagnan wears this color blue and smiles, the room spins for me. I am lost in all the blue from his shirt and his eyes. This is joy.

Four beings of light were sitting on the golf course. Thank you, Lord, for sending them to my life. They are beautiful.

Sand and Sun and San Diego...lovely.

Having the ocean chase Porthos every few seconds....joy.

Wind in Sugar Princess' hair.

Seeing Aramis' toes touch the sand and revel in the freedom.

Waves and waves and waves of joy flooding over Athos.

I think the greatest joy is knowing that my family will be together beyond this life. No matter what happens to any of us here, we are bound as...

well, as bound as the sea is to the shore.

8 comments:

Katrina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katrina said...

Marilyn is really sorry about everything...and is glad that you have found joy. She is also thinking of dying her hair bleach blonde. Just to find more joy...

Suzanne said...

I love that last picture of your beautiful family! Tomorrow I will go find joy- today I just found craziness..

Cyndi said...

Thank you for the reminder to look for joy in everyday life. I do need that bit of inspiration right now. I also LOVE the last photo of your family together. Beautiful!!!

Ashlie said...

I absolutely LOVE the family picture. You guys are so adorable I can't even stand it!!

angie said...

You are such an amazing person. I just love the way you look at life, and the way you express it in your writing. You are truly an inspiration to me!

RIck and Ella-Rene said...

We find joy in YOU our beautiful daughter.... And tears of love and joy for your beautiful family.

Keri said...

Melonie, I just loved that post. Don't we all have days where we feel like we are not in control of the universe around us! I'm glad you were able to find the joys instead of dwelling on whoever that was who had taken over your life! It was a good reminder that we have much to be thankful for, especially this time of year. Also, LOVED the picture of your cute family on the beach!