Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Poetic License, Blatant Lying, or the Bald-Face Truth

Today I blogged at Segullah. I got some really kind comments after I thought I would be bashed for my irreverence and judgmentalism (is that a word? It's now a word). I kind of dramatized things a bit....what? me dramatize?
See my post Sunbeams, Prostitutes, and Footsteps in the Sand here: http://segullah.org/slice-of-life/sunbeams-prostitution-and-footsteps-in-the-sand/
Don't ask me to hyperlink it for you. I tried and I am not Scotty, for heaven's sake. I might steer the ship of this blog on Warp 9, but I don't work in the engine room, if you get my drift.
So cut and paste and you'll have to beam over to Segullah by yourself.
Enjoy.

4 comments:

Keri said...

Melonie, I have to say, I had similar feelings during that missionary talk. While trying to keep my 3 kids quiet and entertained, I kept hearing words like "prostitution" and "selling your body", and I was thinking, "Is this OK for this meeting?" I must have missed most of the high council-man's talk (it seems like I only get about 1/2 of what's delivered during sacrament meeting these days). Just wanted you to know that you're understood (even with the sunbeams - been there a few times). :)

Keri said...

P.S. LOVE the new blog design!

Sarah said...

Mel you have permisson to access my blog... Try it, let me know how it goes! :D

Julia said...

Amen Sister! I hear ya on the "prostitution" talk. When he was giving it I was looking around and wondering to myself "Can he say this in here? Does anyone else think this is weird?"

Also, I'm not a fan of saving seats for sacrament meeting. I think there should be a law against it or at very least a strongly worded letter about it read over the pulpit! :)