We got out of there with quite a haul. Three pairs of winter boots, one spray-painted gold Syrian pill box, two stuffed monkeys, blue fluffy girl slippers, a baby stuffed tiger, denim Sunday shoes, a tin Christmas penguin box, two Star Trek books, and only ONE bruise.
While I was sliding my credit card through the machine, there was a crash by the sliding front doors. When I looked over from the check out line, my twelve-year old was laying on top of my four-year old who was screaming and holding his head. Sugar Princess ran over to Aramis and cradled his head and started yelling, "You're okay! You're okay!" Athos was wailing to all the eager in-line listeners, "He tripped me! He tripped me!" instead of apologizing. The woman behind me in line started clicking her tongue and wiping her brow -- trying to goad me into feeling shame. That woman just didn't know who she was dealing with. I slid my credit card back in the wallet, picked up my bag of pirate boots and the four-year old off the floor, and said, "They come with the stuffed monkeys in the toy section, if you hurry you can get some too."
2 comments:
You always have the best comebacks! I can never think of anything fast enough. I'm the one who retells the story later and says, "I should have said...". I hope your comment put a smile on that lady's smirky face. :)
Love it! Aren't people funny sometimes acting as if you had planned for your child to trip the other to make a scene just to make the people behind you have to wait and get upset! LOVE you attitude!
Post a Comment