I have a vague memory of the first time I felt the stirrings of like/love. It was first grade. I always played in the recess games of boys being chased by girls and then they were supposed to kiss you. I would run and scream and keep running around all of the monkey bars and act like I was frightened, but no one ever ran after me. I would watch girl after girl get chased and kissed, but for some reason, my lips and cheeks were undesireable.
I wanted to be kissed so bad. There was a sandy-haired boy who always wore a Miami Dolphins t-shirt to school. He must have worn it every day because that is how I remember him. His name was Brandon Allred and I loved him. I wanted him to chase me down and like a slow-motion Brady Bunch kiss me on the freckle on my lip. Sadly, he moved away. My friend Tina and I would call all the Allreds in the phone book, hoping he would answer. One time we asked for him and got his grandma. She said she would be sure to pass on the message that we called. Do you think he ever thinks about me?
I searched for Brandon Allreds on Facebook. This is what I came up with.
He looks a bit too young and mysterious to be the one, but I swear that could be a Miami Dolphin t-shirt in that picture.
This could be Brandon today. He finally moved to Miami and is living the dream.
This guy looks about as Mormon as you can get and might be around 41. He is sitting at a Miami Dolphins game, so I think I've hit paydirt.
Ah, young love.



3 comments:
I loved girls chase boys!! I always wanted Darren Delaney to chase me. The memories your post stirred. :)
I am LOVING your post! That is hilarious. I remember one boy from Kindergarten that I played with every recess and totally had a crush on. I can't remember his name for the life of me...it'll come to me later tonight for sure. Anyway, I can't believe you found him. That's got to be him!
Jeffrey...that's it! Now if only I can remember his last name! :)
Post a Comment