Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Gift from God Number Fifteen

There I was in my dark grey sweater, black coat, and rainboots on this wet, somber day, plodding down the hall of the school when I saw her. 
I didn't know her name.

She walked with a spring in her step.  She was dressed completely inappropriately for the weather.  She had ribbons trailing from her hair and pink fur wrapped around her feet.  And, dare I say it, she had lace trim on her green polka-dot shorts.  She was color.

Luckily, I had a camera to record my gift for the day.
Sometimes we have to dig deep within ourselves
and find the conquering spirit.
We have to believe in our uniqueness.
We have to wear pink fur.

3 comments:

Angie said...

Holy cow! What a cute little girl. You can tell she is full of life and ready to conguer the world. :)

Selwyn said...

She is my new teeny hero!

Crystal said...

love the pink slippers and I've really enjoyed your posts and finding joy in the simple things daily. Thank you!!!