Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Gift from God Number Fourteen

Sometimes I get to bask in other’s domesticity, talents, and hospitality.  On Sunday, I admired this around my friend C.'s neck.  
Oh, how I loved it.  The Tree of Life is the most perfect symbol I can think of.  I love the white fruit- symbol of the love of God- that was on it. When she said that she made it, I couldn’t believe it. She said that she copied it from here: 
You know those kind of people that are just amazing like that?  I said that I would like to make one.  She said, "When?"  (Who actually says that?)  We set my arrival up for the next day.
 There I found these scones:
and these hands of her loving sister making them:
and all the findings I needed.
C. started making another:
 Her sister made a Japanese modern-looking Tree of Life.
 and my attempt was supposed to look like an ancient, windswept stuck on a 
Wuthering Heights crag Tree of Life.
It made me think of the work of our hands.  We can make beauty wherever we go.
We can bring forth fruit, and friendships, and help others learn new things.
I received a great gift number fourteen.  I wore it all day today around my neck to remind me how blessed I am.

3 comments:

Selwyn said...

I like that very much.

Angie said...

I love that necklace! I may have to go have Miss C help me make one. ;)

Cath said...

Mel - I love this. Love that we were thinking about trees. Love your friend and all your abundant gratitude. xo