What you might hear at a 1970s Mormon Baby Shower:
"I'm so glad you could come, Melonie. This is my sister. You might have things in common as I think you live near each other."
What you might hear at a 1980s Mormon Baby Shower:
"Melonie, I want you to meet my sister. She likes Sting as much as you do and you both have four kids!"
What you might hear at a 1990s Mormon Baby Shower:
"Melonie, c'mon over here and meet my sister. You two would like each other. Why don't you go see Titanic or Schindler's List together?"
What you might hear at a 2000s (?) Mormon Baby Shower:
"Melonie, this is my sister. She had a tramatic birth experience her first baby too. You should talk about it."
What I heard at the 2011 Mormon Baby Shower this last weekend while being introduced to the honoree's sister:
"Melonie, this is my sister S. Melonie has big boobs. S. has big boobs too, but her's are fake and expensive."
S. responds, "Yeah, they were like pencils."
Melonie, not knowing how to respond says, "Well, I know a cheaper way to get them...just eat more."
My times have changed! Thanks, my good friend St.., for the laugh and always telling it like it is. May you always introduce me everywhere I go!

7 comments:
Awesome!
This made me laugh.
funny stuff, especially knowing who you are talking about. :) Another great post to make me laugh.
hahahaha ha ha! I needed a good laugh. I LOVE YOU MEL!!!
I've never been to a baby shower - I'm obviously missing out on some interesting introductions!
Oh, mighty heck! Love this post! You do have a great set, Mel! :) I hope you had a lovely time at the shower!
This is S.! It was so great to meet you and yes, you have a nice rack! You are a DOLL! Can't wait to see you again sometime!
Hah! No one has ever introduced me that way . . .
Post a Comment