Tuesday, November 15, 2011

WWMD?


Conversation in car with the above large-eyed 6-year old
aspiring saint:

"Mom, I am so nice.  I would protect anybody.  I'm so nice to my friends."

me: "That is so good.  Its important to be kind to others.  We should be nice and love everybody.  That's what Jesus taught us."

him: (a pause) "I want to be like Moses."

me (giggling):  "What?  Moses?"

him:  "Yeah, Moses."

me: "What do you mean?"

him:  "You know, when Moses saw that Egyptian whipping that old lady, he went over and grabbed that Egyptian.  He squoze his neck with his arm until he couldn't breathe.  I would do that.  If that didn't work, I would bite him.  If that didn't work, I would scratch him all over.  If you hadn't cut my fingernails last night, I would be ready."


Contemplative silence from both of us.


me: "I can see how you would want to be like Moses."


For Christmas, I think I'll get him a reminder bracelet. 
Instead of saying WWJD? (What would Jesus do?) it would say:
WWMD?


5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Awesome.

Sometimes I'm so surprised what comes out of my (energetic) five-year-olds, one in particular. ;)

Anonymous said...

Moses is cool. Oh, funny 5 year old!

Sarah said...

hahahaha! Love him!!

Kristin said...

This is hysterical!! (BTW, I frequent Segullah.)

RIck and Ella-Rene said...

I must read your blog more often...

Let the boys nails grow, you never know when you need a 6 year old champion