Saturday, February 25, 2012

Fact or Fiction?

A COLD-WEATHER READING GAME:
As you read, guess if each section is fact or fiction.  You never know what may happen when gone from home for an hour!  Those who know me personally, you may NOT ask my husband or even let him know that this is out in cyberspace.   Also, there is a chance that the following are all fiction.  There is a chance that they are all fact OR somewhere in between.

1)  I came home from Athos' piano competition and my husband sat me down.  "I have a confession to make," he whispered.  I held my breath.  This seemed serious.
     "What is it?" I asked.
    "I got a 200.00 ticket for speeding.  I was so mad after I got it that when I turned the corner I sped up.  Another cop was there.  I got another 200.00 speeding ticket five minutes later."

2)  I came home from Athos' piano competition and my husband sat me down.  "I have a confession to make," he whispered.  I held my breath.  This seemed serious.
     "What is it?" I asked.
     "I killed your jewelry box. I was changing the magazine on your pistol and I accidentally left a round in the chamber.  I pointed the pistol to test it and I shot a hole through the side of the box.  Don't worry, all your earrings are intact."

3)   I came home from Athos' piano competition and my husband sat me down.  "I have a confession to make," he whispered.  I held my breath.  This seemed serious.  
     "What is it?" I asked.
     "I decided to throw a load of whites in the wash to help out.  I loaded everyone's socks, underwear, pillowcases, and the boys' dress shirts in.  It was a really full load.  What I didn't know that there was one of those fat blue permanent magic markers in the same load too."

4)    I came home from Athos' piano competition and my husband sat me down.  "I have a confession to make," he whispered.  I held my breath.  This seemed serious.  
     "What is it?" I asked.
     "Do you remember that favorite serving plate that belonged to your great-grandmother?  The big one with the scalloped edge and gold trim? I was reaching up to get something out of the top cupboard and well....you know....you now have a really pretty butter dish instead."  

Whichever one it was or whichever one it wasn't (and I'll never tell) it made for an interesting day.

2 comments:

Angie said...

SERIOUSLY! You are just going to leave me hanging! Any one of the options would be a great story. :)

RIck and Ella-Rene said...

Where is Sherlock Holmes when he is needed...

One of them has to be true, and my guess it is the speeding ticket.

However, I had my favorite white dress ruined by a pen in the wash once.

Oh you are an excellent story teller. love ER

Dad write: I discount the pistol story; I can't see your husband driving that fast; you mean your husband does laundry? and the dish could have happened. I guess two are false and the other two are true. Love Dad