Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day 2012!

I got this idea from Pinterest.  It was so easy for Valentine's Day!  I usually don't do online tutorials, mostly because I don't know how to make anything, but I'll give it a shot.  Here is the first photo.  Its a little dark and I didn't like that splotch of snow on the right.  
I went to picnik.com and uploaded the photo.  I gave my son highlights, made his eyes bluer, took out the snow patch, warmed it up, added text, etc. until it looked like this:
I had them printed at Costco.
Then, with an exacto knife I slit two holes and my son just slipped in a sucker.  Easy!





The kids got to choose their borders, fonts, and images. 
Here are the others before and afters:







 Sugar Princess and I also dipped strawberries from Costco.  We stuck them in a colander with toothpicks.  The bottom of the colander looked kind of empty so we stuck in these cake balls with sprinkles that I happened to have in the cupboard...It turned out SO lovely and they actually tasted good.  It was my first time making them and it was great to spend time with my daughter.

Happy Valentine's Day and Happy Birthday to my son also...he turns 12 today.  I love you, Porthos.  

5 comments:

Angie said...

Looks so yummy!!! I love the cards! I should try that some year. I always just buy them at the store, which is not as personal. Happy Valentine's Day!

Cath said...

You're one of those amazing moms who do personal valentines!! So darling. Go girl. And your kids are beautiful. xo

Suzanne said...

So creative! Will you remind me to make these for Allie next year? Or will you just make them for me?

RIck and Ella-Rene said...

I loved seeing my beautiful valentine Grandchildren.

Happy Birthday to that lovely son of yours....

I love Pinterest...

Anonymous said...

In our house Cake Balls would not have lasted long enough to be placed in the cupboard... Congratulations!!! Happy Birthday (Belated) Porthos!!!!!!!

DR in OR