Saturday, November 10, 2007

How my Middle Son Sees Us - or how to be happy in a little cottage made of paper...


One of the secrets to having a happy home and a happy marriage is spending time away from each other. That happened today!!

Today J. got to go shooting clay pidgeons with our brother-in-law Phil. It made him EXTREMELY HAPPY. I like to see a man smile - any man - but especially J. His whole countenance changes. His teeth are sharp and his cheeks get fat. It is lovely. Plus, you can see that he has a mouth amidst all that hairy goatee. Why do they call it a goatee? Because it looks like that tuft of hair under a goat's chin? Hmm, that is something to research.
I went and looked at houses and spent money at Target and Michaels. I also went to Best Buy and looked at cameras and talked to the sales clerk and walked out without buying anything. Now, my friends, that is a cushy life. I was going to the library and write, but when it came right down to it, I just wanted to go into stores and stand there without kids. I wanted to bask in that feeling that I am an individual.
Individualism is the hallmark of a happy home. Individualism makes you want to share. Individualism makes you remain a couple.

No comments: