What did you call me? A little Hasidic Jew Boy? I'm a MORMON!
We braved going to the Weber canyon for the weekend. It was cold, rainy and wonderful to be up there with just our family. We got in a few good walks. A funny thing happened. I turned on the oven to preheat it and about 10 minutes later smoke was pouring out of it. I opened it up and there were chocolate chip cookies (now black) that Dianna had left in the oven the week before. umm, umm, good.
My Mom turned 65 on October 6th. We had a little party at my house where we made a whole lot of noise and raced rubber eyeballs down the wall. I'm sure she is very glad to have us all out of the house.
HALLOWEEN REVIEW
Want a candy, little boy?
Halloween was wonderful this year. I had all the decorations up on September 29th and taken all down on November 1st. Now that is a record.

Is this a trick or treater or J.?
We finally bought a new house.
My upper half.
My lower half as seen by my four-year old.
The boys showing off their stash. LET THE TRADING BEGIN!!!!!!!
FACELESS WOMAN BRAVES HARROWING TRAIN RIDE!
Last Saturday, we decided to brave a three hour train ride on the Heber Creeper. It wasn't very crowded and we got to drive up the canyon, take the train down the canyon, spend a half hour being cold at a park with locked bathrooms, take the train back up the canyon, and then drive back down the canyon to home. Now, do we know how to spend a Saturday or what? Here is proof of our excursion. These were the comments afterward:
Jim: "If I ever beg that we take a train ride to Denver or something longer than an hour, please remind me of this trip."
Mel: "I carried a Batman backpack and changed a poopy diaper on a moving train. Can we go again next week?"
older son: "I got a huge rash with white bumps that flared up 10 minutes into the ride. It was all over my neck and legs. I had to wash myself with non-potable water which then dumped out onto the tracks. Cool."
middle son: "It was fun."
daughter: "I just wanted to sip hot chocolate and look like Paris Hilton sitting by myself near the coal stove."
baby son: "Was that really Thomas the Tank Engine?"
No comments:
Post a Comment