
This is my next edition of "All in the Family." One of these people is my sister Ginger. Her name is Ginnette, but she's always been known as Ginger since she was born. I remember the day well. I was five and a half. I was so happy to have her come to our family. We went to the hospital (my Dad and two older siblings) and we got to stand in some lobby and look at a television. Her picture appeared on the television with a nurse holding her. She looked hairy and cute. I didn't see her in person until my Mom brought her home. I remember my Mom washing her hair for the first time. It was about an inch long and it was black. My Mom had trouble getting the pink ribbon out that they'd glued in Ginger's hair. She's been trouble ever since.


There is a whole lot more to say about her, but currently she lives in M**** and designs and puts in all the gardens for the city. She is a flower genius. She has a wonderful dog named Gertie who just happens to be smarter than any other kid in Minneapolis. Ginger is brilliant, a talented athlete, a communication guru, and a great sister. Let's have a conversation with her:
me: Ging? Ging? How come you never call me?
Ging: I'm planting 35,000 bulbs this week.
me: Really? Do you have dirt under your fingernails?
Ging: I always have dirt underneath my fingernails. I'm organic. I always choose "Green."
me: The Biggest Loser went "Green" this week. They didn't use any electricity in their workouts.
Ging: Oh.
me: Ummmm, How's Gertie?
Ging: She's making me sushi and boiled cabbage for dinner.
me: Does she usually make dinner?
Ging: Yes, but usually not that combination. She's experimenting. Last week she ground up her dog food in the blender and used it as an organic spice in the enchiladas. It was fabulous. The smooth tomato sauce was really enriched by the crunchiness and meaty flavor.
me: Wow. You have an interesting life! Did you see the Bachelor this week?
Ging: No.
me: Well, your loss. I've got to go. Give Gertie a big, slobbery kiss for me and go plant some of those organic bulbs all over Minneapolis now. Love you.
Ging: Au revoir.
No comments:
Post a Comment