Friday, March 20, 2009

There Are New Rules At Our House

It is the first day of Spring and once again I haven't written since Halloween. Since that time, the only thing worth mentioning really is that we have only been able to come up with two rules that stick at our house. They are below. I must have done a great job at reiterating these rules and their consequences because I found a copy of them (with illustrations) on the kitchen counter.


Please note the guillotine effect. I thank you to Porthos for his amazing artistic skill.

Which leads me to the newest funny phrase at our house.
The setup:
I pack lunches for the kids every morning. This means I have to go find their lunchboxes because they are rarely on the designated hook. I also sometimes find strange things in them when I open them up.
The story:
I opened up Porthos' orange lunchbox to find a leaky box of chocolate milk had spilled everywhere inside. This is not only a major pain to clean, its also impossible since I don't pack them chocolate milk.
The conversation:
MOM: What is this in your lunchbox???? There is chocolate milk spilled everywhere? Where did you get chocolate milk?
PORTHOS: What are you talking about?
MOM: LOOK! Right here! There is chocolate milk spilled all over and a squished milk box. Somebody played a joke on you.
PORTHOS: (Looking completely shocked) FOUL TRICKERY!!!!!!

and that is why I like that boy.

4 comments:

Cyndi said...

I loved Porthos' way of skirting the issue. Very clever. I've missed reading your adventures and am glad to hear that all is well at the homestead. I hope the rules continue to stay in place!

Keri said...

Yay! A new post. And Foul Trickery?!! - that is hilarious!

Ashlie said...

I LOVE IT!

RIck and Ella-Rene said...

What are the two rules, I missed that?

Dad had some real belly laughs at all your recent blog stories...

We love you~!~!~

Our grandchildren are adorable!!!!