Saturday, December 31, 2011

Last Day of the Year 2011

Last day of December 2011.  It has been a busy month, but I've had some quiet, comtemplative moments.  Since this is my only journal, I'm posting some pictures for posterity.

Now, I've seen some strange things on the street in the city where I live.  For example:
Our city has a strange relationship with animals.  As proof, last night we drove by a giant Christmas chicken.  Thank heavens I had my camera.  This is not a foot-high or even five-feet high.  This chicken is probably twelve feet high.  See the front door of the house?  Do these people own the Kentucky Fried Chicken in the city and wanted to advertise?
Nothing says Christmas like poultry.
 Things we also saw and did this month:

Tab Choir with Jane Seymour. She's the red dot down on the stage.

 Got out the nutcrackers.

 Santa came.

 who are these people?

 married to Balloon man.



at least one of us went to church that morning.

Christmas Day with Grandma.







Sister and my grandma.

The newest addition to the family being held by someone who is pregnant with the newest addition to the family.

new fashion statements to make

a bounce house outing with cousins.

 daughter and granddaughter

Christmas trees in Arizona.

stepson and granddaughter..so cute.

getting to be with their older brother.

cutest Kindergarten shepherd in the world.



He's grown a lot this year.




winter Sugar snow Princess


I love ornaments!!!!!!!!!







finding similarities...

zen with the nutcrackers.

Our Christmas card 2011 photos....



                                                the greatest gifts of all....








2 comments:

Cath said...

Absolutely loved your card! You look gorgeous. And poultry included, it looks like your holiday was full and beautiful. Thanks for making me laugh! xo

RIck and Ella-Rene said...

from the gross to the beautiful

You look good in hats!!!